Do you find yourself, at the end of your day, feeling exhausted yet unfulfilled? Wondering how you did so many things, but accomplished so little. Well, you are NOT alone! In fact, people are experiencing information overload like never before. Many of us get caught up in the dimension of distraction, and quite frankly, it can be exhausting! So here are some quick life hacks to get you back on track to feeling fulfilled and leading a productive life.
8 Keys to Having a Productive Day
- Begin each day with the end in mind – In other words, what are your MUST outcomes for today. Be very specific and put the most important task first. Try to have no more than 3-5 outcomes. If it is a daunting outcome, chunk it into parts, so that you can get through it one step at a time.
- Determine Your Purpose – Why you must achieve your outcome.? If you don’t have an important reason “why” you should accomplish your outcome, chances are you won’t be compelled to complete it or feel fulfilled by the accomplishment.
- Prioritize! I cannot say this enough – do the hard stuff first! You will feel more productive and fulfilled if you get one difficult task accomplished than if you did 5 lesser tasks. Plus, if you don’t start with the most difficult , the likelihood that you will get to it or finish it that day is greatly diminished. Get it out of the way – Celebrate and move on – it will feel GREAT!
- Set Deadlines – In order to keep yourself motivated and on track, set a deadline that is NOT NEGOTIABLE. Making a commitment and sticking to it will make you feel unstoppable, not to mention all the productivity you will be achieving.
- Eliminate the “Dead Zone” – Yes we all know what it is, and we have all spent time there. The trick is to eliminate the dead zone while you are in your productive time. That means no social media, checking your emails obsessively, opening the mail, photographing your food, watching videos, watching the news, watching anything but the news. Schedule your productive time and stick to it. Schedule your dead zone time when you are done getting your outcomes(or give it up entirely, save it for the weekends).
- Make Today Count – Sure we could all focus on what didn’t get done yesterday or how you slacked off for the last week, month, year. But seriously, it is only going to hold you back. Don’t focus on the past – focus on where you are going, not where you have been. Everyday is an opportunity to accomplish your goals and dreams…Make Today Count!
- Measure Your Achievements – Keep a list of everything you accomplished this week. At the end of the week look at all the “Must Outcomes” you achieved. Celebrate the small stuff – getting your outcomes for even one day is a reason to be proud. Getting your outcomes everyday for a week leads to big productivity and big results.
- Visualize – envision yourself accomplishing your goal and what it will be like when you achieve your outcome. Anchor yourself in the positive emotion of accomplishing what you set out to do.
Remember, motion creates emotion. Productivity requires motion, fulfillment is the emotion that you will feel when you are leading a productive life. If you don’t take action, you won’t feel fulfilled. What are your top 3 outcomes for today? Now go out there and get your SHINE ON!
With kind regards, Lauralouise Blatt